Thursday, January 10, 2019

THE ALAN BARNES BAND - (I Need) A Little Love Tonight (1993)

THE ALAN BARNES BAND - (I Need) A Little Love Tonight (1993) - front
Requested again...

ALAN BARNES is the little brother of Aussie legend Jimmy Barnes, and he's musician too. And a good one.
Seems Alan hasn't the luck of his famous bro, as he only recorded and released officially this CD single back in 1993, with the main song included into one episode of the popular Australian TV series 'Neighbours'.

The main track "(I Need) A Little Love Tonight" is a killer Melodic Rock / AOR tune with a terrific refrain and a monster chorus.
Side B, the ballad "I Don't Know What Love Is" has a 'British' flavor to my ears, another excellent track.

THE ALAN BARNES BAND - (I Need) A Little Love Tonight (1993) back cover

Now, to make this re-post more interesting, as added bonus there's the standalone single "Stay", released by Alan few years ago. A tasty classic rocker with a timeless feeling.

Very rare CDsingle, Out-Of-Print.
Highly Recommended


(I Need) A Little Love Tonight (Alan Barnes)
Vocals: Alan Barnes
Guitars: Jeff Neil, Matt Schlammerl
Bass: Jeff Neil
Drums: Alan Jones
Backing Vocals: Alan Barnes, Alan Jones


I Don't Know What Love Is (Alan Barnes/Alan Jones)
Vocals: Alan Barnes
Guitars: Greg Henderson
Keyboards, Percussion: Alan Jones
Backing Vocals : Alan Barnes , Alan Jones

+

Stay (2012 single)






ALAN BARNES BAND - (I Need) A Little Love Tonight
.

6 Comments:

axerock said...

Thanks for filling my request buddy. You don't see this around easily. I'm only familiar with the main track and I should say it wouldn't let his older brother ashamed, as you said, a killer tune. Apart from never recorded anything else he's still rockin' in Australia and playing live. Thanks again

Anonymous said...

please put it on a different link

Biomechanical said...

Re upload, please ;-)

Anonymous said...

reupload this album by the alan barnes band i need a little love tonight, i cant find anywhere online.

Camelblue said...

Updated with an extra track

Walter Nudo said...

Thanks Camel I had no idea this existed at all....
W